The HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro – our most advanced digital audio interface
After the testing phase we can, thanks to your help, finally release our HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro. While for most users our standard Digi+ might be a good choice, this is for the ones who want the best. It adds the following features to our standard Digi+:
- 2 separate oscillators for 44.1 and 48kHz provide the optimal clock frequencies for all sample rates
- gold-plated RCA connector
- I2S output connector (soldering necessary)
- you can power the 5V part of the circuit and the 3.3V part of the circuit from an external power supply (soldering necessary)
- you can add a BNC connector (soldering necessary)
The Digi+ Pro is also our first board that comes with full auto-configuration, which means you don’t have to edit the config.txt file anymore to activate the Digi+ Pro. Unfortunately, in reality you still have to do this in many cases as many distributions enable the onboard sound by default in config.txt. So you still have to disable the onboard sound driver in config.txt.
Due to the changed clock design a new driver is needed, the Digi+ Pro won’t work with the existing Digi+ driver. These new drivers are now after the beta test phase implemented into the following distributions and the board should work out of the box with their latest versions:
- Raspbian (you can find a preconfigured Raspbian Lite here)
- and of course our own Roon client
Please report any issues related to the Digi+ Pro support to the developers. In case you are using a different software, you might need to update its kernel, which we recommend only to experienced users.