MoOdeAudio installation and configuration
moOdeAudio is one of a range of audio playback solutions that supports HiFiBerry boards. Follow these instructions to install and configure moOdeAudio.
moOde now offers a “ready to use” image.
- Go here and download the correct image.
- Extract the archive and write it onto an SD card using Win32 Disk Imager.
- Follow their instructions for configuration at the link here: MoOde Setup Guide. Note that for wireless networks, MoOde now supports Wireless access point (WAP) mode for those of you who do not have (or desie) an Ethernet connection to your Pi.
Depending on how you’re connecting to the Pi (Ethernet or WAP) you will need to access the installation to continue to configure the software.
- Wireless access point (WAP):
- Look for the SSID ‘moode’ in your wireless device configuration from the machine you are using for setup.
- Connect with the PW ‘moodeaudio’
- Enter the AP mode IP address: 172.24.1.1 in your browser
- Once connected to the MoOde interface, go to the top right (find the ‘gear’ icon)
- Click: Configure -> Network -> Enter your LAN credentials by either using the ‘search’ function to identify your SSID, or entering it manually, along with your network PW.
- Restart MoOde, then access using ‘http://moode.local’ in your browser. If that doesn’t work, identify the IP address on your network belonging to the Pi, and the MoOde GUI will respond.
- Note: AP mode starts automatically when wlan0 SSID is ‘blank’ in Network config and there is no Ethernet connection, or WiFi SSID is defined but no IP address is assigned
- SSH login user: pi, pwd: moodeaudio
- Preface all commands with sudo
- Default Samba shares are NAS, RADIO, SDCARD, USB
- Each USB disk will also have a Samba share named after its Disk Label
Once you’re successfully connected to MoOde either via Ethernet or WiFI, continue to configure the system as follows:
- Click the menu icon in the top right corner and select Configure.
- Select Audio.
- Choose your HiFiBerry board from the I2S audio device drop-down list and click SET.
- Restart the device.
- Add music to your library using the GUI provided via the ‘Configure’ menu.