€24.90 Add to cart
Add to cart
The HiFiBerry Digi is a high-quality S/PDIF output board for the Raspberry Pi. It is designed as an add-on board that connects to the P1 and P5 header of the Raspberry Pi.
- Dedicated S/PDIF interface chip supports up to 192kHz/24bit resolution
- Optical (Toslink) and electrical outputs
- Bit-perfect output, audio data stream will not be modified in any way
- Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi, no additional cables needed
- Directly powered from the Raspberry Pi, no additional power supply
- Optional: high-bandwidth output transformer provides full galvanic isolation of the electrical output (not in the standard version)
- Easy to build: Comes as a pre-fabricated kit that includes all needed components. On Raspberry Pi Model A and B, you only have to solder a small connector, the DAC for model B+ will need no soldering
Notice about the compatibility with Raspberry Pi Model B+: The current board is not compatible with the Raspberry Pi B+, but we will have a version for this model soon. Join our mailing list to stay informed.
Important note: While the hardware is able to output DTS/Dolby Digital, software has to be adapted to support this. We will support the developers to implement this. Unfortunately we can’t guarantee that this feature will work with a specific software. Please ask the developers of the software if this is supported.
The output transformer provides a full galvanic isolation between the Raspberry Pi and your DAC on the electrical output. Usual consumer-grade SPDIF outputs do not use output transformers. Usually this works without problems. However, many audio enthusiast like to use this option. If you’re not sure, the standard version is most likely ok for you.
The output transformer does not have any effect on the optical output. Therefore if you plan to use only the optical output, the standard version will do the job.