LibreELEC installation and configuration
LibreELEC is one of a range of media playback solutions that supports HiFiBerry boards. Follow these instructions to install and configure LibreELEC.
- Go to the downloads section at libreelec.tv and download the installer app specific for you operating system.
- Launch the installer.
- Select your RPi model and the LibreELEC version you want to install.
- Click Download and specify the download location.
- Once the download is complete, select the target device and click Write.
- Confirm writing the image onto the selected SD card.
- Once the image is written onto the card, disconnect it from your computer and plug it into the RPi.
- Connect all the cables and power it.
- Once the system boots up, make sure that the SSH service is enabled and connect to the device over SSH using a SSH client of your choice.
- Log in using the default logon credentials: root/libreelec.
- Run the following command to gain write privileges:
mount -o remount,rw /flash
- Edit the config.txt file using nano:
- Add one of the following lines depending on the HiFiBerry board you have connected:
Ctrl+Oto save changes, and
Ctrl+Xto exit nano.
- Reboot the system.
- Go to System and enter Settings.
- Select System and navigate to Audio output device.
ALSA:Default(snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus Analog)as the output device.
- Add content to your library and enjoy it.
- In same cases the volumer mixer level is set to 100% by default. This can result in distortions of the music output. Therefore you should set this to around 80%. Login via SSH and use the following command:
amixer -c 0 set Digital 80%
You may want to experiment with the percentage volume in order to tune it to your desired preference.