The HiFiBerry Amp100 is a DAC/amplifier combination for alle Raspberry Pi models featuring a 40-pin GPIO header.
- Stereo DAC with sample rates up to 192kHz/24bit, based on the HiFiBerry DAC2 Pro design
- Up to 2x100W output power output
- Can be extended with the HiFiBerry DSP add-on board
- Onboard TOSLink input/output (requires DSP add-on board)
- Uses a single external power supply 12-30V to power the amplifier and the Raspberry Pi
- No soldering, comes as a pre-fabricated kit, just plug it onto the Raspberry Pi.
- Comes with all components required to mount it.
Hardware and speaker connectors
|1||Power input, barell jack|
|2||TOSLink input connector (requires DSP add-on)|
|3||Toslink output connector (requires DSP add-on)|
|4||Power connector, screw terminal|
|5||DSP I2S output connector|
|6||DSP I2S output connector|
|7||Right speaker output|
|8||Left speaker output|
|9||DSP add-on connectors|
L/R outputs can’t be bridged!
Note that the actual board might look a bit different. Layout and components might change without further notice. We do not guarantee a specific PCB layout or specific components.
|D1||fault||Indicates a fault in the output stage, e.g. shortage or overload|
|D3||clipping||Indicates clipping, meaning, the input signal in higher than the output stage can handle.|
Slightly glowing is fine.
|Recommended operating voltage||12-30V|
|Absolute maximum operating voltage||32V|
|Maximum output power||2x100W||into 4Ohm|
|THD+N||<0.05%||typical, output power 0.1-10W,|
|Typical output power per channel||40W||Vsupply=20V, Rspk = 4Ohm, THD+N <1%|
|60W||Vsupply=24V, Rspk = 4Ohm, THD+N <1%|
|100W||Vsupply=30V, Rspk = 4Ohm, THD+N <1%|
|Maximum output power per channel||50W||Vsupply=18V, Rspk = 4Ohm, THD+N <10%|
|75W||Vsupply=24V, Rspk = 4Ohm, THD+N <10%|
|110W||Vsupply=30V, Rspk = 4Ohm, THD+N <10%|
The Amp2 will power the Raspberry Pi. It is powerful enough for any Pi up to the Pi4B. Note that additional hardware drawing lots of power (e.g. hard disks, displays) might require an external power supply.