The HiFiBerry USB2I2S is a digital sound interface that allows to use HiFiBerry sound cards with other systems than the Raspberry Pi. It connects to PCs, MACs and even other single board computers via USB.
- USB2 sound card interface
- Stereo input and output up with sample rates up to 192kHz/24bit
- upgradable to support additional products in the future, onboard flash
- 8-core 500MIPS CPU that handles USB and digital sound interface
- High quality asynchronous digital USB interface
- onboard low-jitter clock generator
- No soldering, comes as a pre-fabricated kit.
- Compatible with all HiFiBerry DAC+ Products, Beocreate 4 channel amplifier and Amp2
- USB bus-powered, no additional power supply (except for Amp2)
- Comes with all components required to mount it.
- Form factor of the Raspberry Pi model A (same board size, mounting holes and position of the USB connector)
Note that the actual board might look a bit different. Layout and components might change without further notice. We do not guarantee a specific PCB layout or specific components.
Connectors and Jumpers
|1||Digital sound interface connector (plug your HiFiBerry board onto this)|
|2||programming header (not to be used by the end user)|
|3||debug header (not to be used by the end user)|
|4||External 5V power connector (if board should not be bus-powered)|
|5||XMOS 8 core digital audio interface processor|
|6||EXT jumper: set this, when the board will be powered by external power (Amp2 or power via 4)|
|7||Bus/external power: default setting: BUS, set this to EXT if the board is powered by the Amp2 or via external power|
|8||configuration jumpers (unused)|
|Power supply||Bus powered or external power|
|Processor||8 core XMOS USB audio interface|
|Channels||2 (hardware supports up to 8 channels, but not supported yet in software)|
Modern operating systems will detect the USB sound interface automatically, no additional software is required.